So this feels like a weird confession to make
Frankly it’s not the sweetest smelling love affair to have, but guys I HAVE to tell you,
I LOVE to eat Raw Garlic Cloves!
And guess what?
I eat them EVERY DAMN DAY!
Honestly, it is so delicious, but other than that I want to let you know why you should eat a few pieces yourself!
Raw Garlic is Like a Miraculous Wonder Drug!
It is as close to a natural antibiotic as you can get, and it have saved my ass from some pretty gnarly colds and sinus infections!
Yeah it smells, I get it, my fiancé luckily loves the smell of garlic (or at least he says does and doesn’t mind me eating it, gotta love him)
BUT once you get past the smell, the health benefits are CRAZY! I just have to share them with you guys
1. It has been used as a medicinal remedy as early at 200 BCE in Chinese Medicine to help cure infections and colds, and having lived in China I am ALL about the natural treatments because they freaking work.
Flashback to me getting eaten alive by mosquitos in HangZhou and looking like I had a severe case of chicken pox, a women I met at the local tea house pulls an oil out of her bag and starts to rub it on one of my bites before I can say anything
It smells like menthol and spearmint, and poof! The pain went away and the redness started to fade, so yeah I trust Chinese medicine
2. Chewing on Raw Garlic can cause Cancer Cells to Die and Prevent Cancer and Tumors from Developing!
“New studies have found that there are compounds that are found in garlic that produce a reactive oxygen species within cancer cells. This can activate cascades of death of the cancer cells while also blocking the pathways for further tumor growth” according to this source
3. Immune Booster to the Max! Because of its anti fungal and anti bacterial properties it helps prevent against infections bacterial and viral infections like nobody’s business! Want to avoid a cold, chew on some garlic!
4. It helps to lower cholesterol and reduce high blood pressure
5. If you have a cold or a sinus infection or basically just feel like crap, try eating some raw garlic cloves or at the very least try drinking a garlic soup to help increase your bodies ability to fight the infection!
6. Anti Aging Benefits for the Win!
“A diet that contains plenty of garlic, especially raw garlic, can go a long way towards preventing pre-mature wrinkles and fine lines on aging skin.
The wrinkle fighting properties associated with garlic use are primarily attributed to allicin, a natural compound that is produced when raw garlic is crushed or chopped.
Allicin has been touted as one of the world’s most powerful antioxidants” source
If you just can’t get yourself to stomach eating raw garlic however, I guess it is kind of an acquired taste as it burns a bit if you eat it too quickly (but it BURNS SO GOOD!), at least reap the benefits of garlic by introducing a garlic supplement or garlic oil into your diet, your body and your skin will thank you!
Also invest in a solid mouthwash for after if you don’t want to totally disgust the person you sleep next to at night, but luckily my fiancé has caught wind of my home remedy natural ways and has accepted the fact that he might as well be sleeping next to a giant clove of garlic! Love you babe!
So seriously, run don’t walk and grab yourself some raw garlic cloves, not cooked! To reap the benefits I have talked about the garlic has to be raw because the medicinal properties only come out when it is crushed or pressed!
I am a total believer and I’ve even gone as far as sticking a clove of garlic in my ear before to help my sinuses drain(wrap it in a paper towel first because it can burn) but it is seriously some witchy voo doo magic because it helps like nobody’s business!
I would rather have bomb ass wrinkle free skin and smell like an old tube sock than not chew garlic and look like an old hag that smells peachy, but to each her own!
All right, have any of you guys had some amazing experiences with raw garlic?