Happy Sunday everybody! I am introducing a new weekly series to the bloggy blog today called Superfood Sundays, where each week I will introduce you to a new Superfood that I love that also has amazing health benefits and will drastically improve your life.
A “Superfood” is basically a nutrient rich food that has amazing health benefits. They have a large dose of vitamins and minerals and can help to fight off diseases, aging, and live a longer, healthier, life! I eat Superfoods every day and I want to help you do the same!
Today I want introduce a Superfood that has been instrumental in clearing up my skin, helping to balance my hormones, and given me fast and long lasting energy. It’s called Maca!
Maca is a nutritional powerhouse and is filled with essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and phytonutrients which makes it a kick ass food to incorporate into your daily diet. According to this site
“Maca has been consumed for thousands of years for its energy-enhancing and mood-stabilizing capabilities. Peruvian Maca root is an adaptogen, a substance that increases the body’s resistance to the damaging effects of stress and disease—a main reason why it can help fight symptoms of chronic fatigue and contribute to overall wellbeing. Traditionally, it has also been used to regulate, support, and balance hormonal systems for both men and women”
Amazing Benefits of Maca as a Superfood!
1) Increased Energy Levels- Consuming it can help you cut down on your daily dose of caffeine because people have literally reported within minutes of eating Maca that they felt a sudden burst of energy!
2) Hormonal Balance- It can help to restore a woman’s natural hormonal balance by supporting the endocrine system and helping to regulate healthy adrenal glands and support thyroid hormone production.
3) Stress Relief- It helps to stabilize the hormones that contribute to things like anxiety and depression.
4) Sexual Health- TMI? I don’t really care but Maca has been know to increase sexual desire and stamina in both men and women and is known as a huge libido booster!
5) Healthy Beautiful Skin- You know when that time of the month rolls around and you suddenly see several massive pimples pop up on your otherwise flawless face? Thank you hormones! Maca helps to balance out your hormones and relieve hormonal acne leaving you with smooth, pimple free skin!
6) Anti Aging- Maca is an adaptogen, which means it can help your body adapt to the stress of daily life. It also can help you to keep a youthful looking face by aiding in the production of collagen! Basically like a form of natural Botox that can help reduce wrinkles and fine lines leaving you with firm, soft, and more youthful skin! Yes Please!
Maca is also another Supermodel Secret that beauties like Miranda Kerr love to add into their daily diets to keep their flawless figures! According to this article it is also believed to be one of the hottest new Superfoods of 2016, so you’re welcome!
My favorite way to consume Maca is by putting a tablespoon or two into my morning smoothie! However if you can’t stomach the taste(it’s definitely a different taste, not bad, just different), you can swallow some Maca powder filled capsules. I love these Maca Capsules
However I still prefer to mix it into my smoothies when I have time to make one and I actually like the taste, here is my favorite Maca smoothie recipe, but feel free to add any of your favorite berries or Superfoods in it as well, this one contains chia seeds, and you can read all about the AMAZING benefits of those in my other article here
Sexy Maca Superfood Smoothie for Glowing Skin and Weight Loss
1 Frozen Banana
½ a cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2 tsp. of Maca Powder
½ a cup of Frozen Blueberries
2 tsp. of Chia Seeds
Put all of the Ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!
Drink up and feel the wonderful benefits kick in! You will never regret taking care of your health, my favorite way to blend up this drink is in a Vitamix but those are pretty expensive so any blender will do, however if you are really serious about making a change to your health for the better it is a worthwhile investment!
Until next week everybody where I will share another Superfood with you!
If you have any questions let me know and I would love to know what some of your favorite Superfoods are in the meantime!