Why You Need a Life Vision!
Ok so I wanted to talk to you guys about why it is so important to have a clear life vision for what you want to achieve or create in your lifetime.
Life is so short and I hear people talk about their dreams all the time. However without a clear and compelling vision of what you want your life to be, dreams can be too vague.
Without a tangible and clear image of what you want your life to look like and then taking actions to break down that vision into tangible steps that you can take every day toward that life, then it usually remains just another dream.
Now don’t get me wrong, I love a good dream, however I know that without action, dreams never usually don’t come true.
What is a Life Vision?
The entire concept of a life vision can be best thought of as a compass that helps to guide you through your daily challenges and keeps you on track to take the best action in life to help you achieve your dream life.
Leading lifestyle coaches agree that when you have a vision in mind, you are more likely to succeed far beyond what you could otherwise achieve without a clear vision.
Creating your life vision to achieve your goals and dreams is like mapping out a path to the best life you could possibly imagine. You need to know you by having a life vision that your sense of satisfaction and personal happiness are well within your reach.
Basically, how can you expect to get to where you want to be in life if you don’t know what you are working towards?
However if you don’t create a life vision for yourself or work towards building your own dreams, you will most likely be hired to help somebody else build their’s.
You need a clear life vision so that you don’t allow other people and circumstances direct the course of your life.
How to Create Your Life Vision
You can’t expect a clear and well-defined vision for your life overnight because envisioning your dream life and determining what you need to do in order to achieve it takes time.
Also while I am a fan of the Law of Attraction and do believe in it, I am not a total believer in the Secret which I feel like basically tells you to slap a picture of dream car on your mirror and eventually it will appear in your driveway.
F that if we’re being honest.
You can’t just write something and expect it to appear, it means that you write it out, figure out what steps you need to take to get there, take the steps, and then you get there.
My favorite way to create a life vision that you love is to break down your life, the one you have always envisioned into certain components.
The best way to create your life vision comes from thinking about all of your biggest goals, dreams, and desires. Your life vision will align with your personal values and ideals and it will create a desire that fuels you to help you achieve what you really want.
You need to know exactly what you want out of life. This question sounds simple but it can be very difficult for most people to answer.
Allowing yourself to explore your innermost desires and dreams can be very eye opening for a lot of people and but you need to know that living a life you feel fulfilled by does not happen by accident.
It happens by design and by creating a clear life vision of what you want. Ask yourself some questions that are thought provoking and consider every aspect of your life, both tangible and the intangible.
Think about the areas of your life like family, friends, career, wealth, success, health, and happiness, as well as things like fun, personal growth and spirituality.
It is extremely helpful to write down your vision on a vision board and read it every single day, even multiple times a day to solidify your vision in your minds eye.
Keeping a journal where you reflect on exactly what you want out of life and the small steps you need to take every day to achieve the life you have always wanted can be extremely beneficial.
Sit down and write out your ideal life in detail.
Allow yourself to dream and imagine, and create a tangible picture of what you want your life to look like.
Also focus on how you want your life to feel, because if you life only looks good from the outside but doesn’t feel good in your heart than it isn’t worth it.
Set aside any preconceived notions about what your life needs to look like or should like and instead realize that this is your chance to dream big and fantasize about creating the life you have always imagined.
It’s also important to realize that every dream must take the form of a plan. Your dreams will not just miraculously come true, you need to sit down on a regular basis and plan out a strategy for achieving your dreams.
Break down your goals into small steps that you can take every single day in order to work towards the life you have always imagined.
Think through all of the details that matter to you and break it down into smaller parts that you know you can accomplish. Then set a time frame for accomplishing each task on your “dream plan.”
Your short-term tasks coupled with time will equal your long-term accomplishments and if every single day you work on accomplishing those small daily goals then one day you will achieve your dream, thanks largely in part to that life vision you created.
Tools I Recommend to Creating Your Life Vision!
Get out a piece of paper and pen and answer these questions, be as detailed as you can possibly be because this will give you a more accurate vision of what you want your life to look like.
Step 1: Figure out What You Want Your Career to Look and Feel Like
- If you could be doing any job in the world, at any place in the world where would you be working, and what role would you be doing?
- Would you be your own boss or would you work for somebody else?
- Do you like answering to other people?
- What does the environment look like where you work?
- How many days/hours a week would you work?
- How much money would you be making ideally?
- Who would you be working with, what types of personalities do you enjoy being around? What type of energy do you feed off of?
- Are you more or an introvert or an extrovert? Determining this can help you figure out what type of role you might feel the most comfortable taking on in a company or career.
- How would you feel in this job? How would leaving work feel at the end of each day?
Step 2: Your Relationships, including Family, Friends and Love Life
- Write about the main love relationship in your life, even if it doesn’t currently exist. What would you want that love to look like?
- How does that person make you feel and how you communicate with one another and interact on a daily basis?
- What do you do together in your free time, do you travel together, do you read, or bing on Netflix shows? Get specific!
- How do you solve problems together? Is it more important for your to be happy or right?
- Do you make compromises a lot or do you and your loved one make decisions as a team?
- Describe your relationship with your children, either real or currently non existant? How many kids to you have? Name them if you want, it has to feel as real as possible!
- What is your relationship like with your family, how often do you call them or see them?
- What does your ideal family holiday look like together? How do you want Christmas or Thanksgiving to look in the future surrounded by the love of your life, children, and your family members?
- Describe your relationship with your friends? Who are the people in your life that make you want to be the best possible version of yourself?
- Who do you want to cut out of your life because they drag you down and are stopping you from being the best possible version of yourself’?
Step 3: Your Health and Wellness
- Describe how you feel physically in your life vision? How do you wake up feeling every day?
- How often and how much do you exercise?
- What type of exercise do you do the most?
- How do you take care of your mental health and live a great work-life balance?
- How do you manage stress, do you meditate, do yoga, journal?
- What do you look like? The clothes you wear, the body you have, get specific! If you can see it you can achieve it, and if you are willing to work for it of course!
Step 4: Your Financial Life
- Describe in general terms or specific terms your ideal financial situation
- How much money do you have in the bank?
- How do you manage your saving?
- Do you believe that you can’t take it with you in terms of money and splurge on lavish vacations, or do you believe that money looks better in the bank than on your feet?
Don’t judge your answers just be honest and figure out what kind of life you really want to be living because the more specific you can get, the easier you will be able to create concrete steps to living the life you have always wanted!
Step 5: Your Life Vision- Putting It All Together!
Using all of your answers above and anything else you may want to add, write a life vision for yourself in the form of a story.
A first person account of the life you have always dreamed about, but this is better because this isn’t a dream, it is your life vision that will be achieved!
This will be and should be the most riveting and engaging story you will ever write or read, it’s your life after all!
Be the leading lady or lad of your own life story!
Keep this vision posted somewhere you can see it often, preferably daily to read once in the morning to set your day off with your life vision in mind and also once again at night before bed so you can dream about your vision and wake up ready to make it a reality.
This shouldn’t be something you dread, it should be the most exciting thing you do today or tomorrow!
Don’t put it off however because writing out your life vision is the biggest game changer out there and it helped me figure out exactly what I want out of life and how I plan to get there!
I also fully believe in the power of reading and educating yourself, because through learning about how others achieve their dreams it can really inspire you to do the same!
These two books are all about learning to speak your truth and discover your purpose in life. They really opened my eyes and changed my perspective on how I approach living my dreams.
So happy live planning everybody and if you are looking for an amazing life changing planner I highly recommend getting a Panda Planner, it is an insanely amazing tool for writing out your life dreams and staying on top of your goals!
I would love to hear about how you created and figured out your own life visions!