I might be a total outlier here, but I have and hopefully always will be a morning person.
Going to bed just thinking about the smell of fresh coffee the next morning makes me excited!
I also feel so much more productive when I wake up early and after doing some research to see how successful women start their morning and their morning rituals, I wanted to share with you some of the tips I have learned so that you too can have an amazing morning to set yourself up to have a kick ass day!
The 5 Morning Rituals of Successful Women
1) They Wake Up Before 7 a.m.- You know the whole “Early to bed early to rise” thing, well apparently this is true! In a recent article in Forbes the average woman they interviewed out of 12 highly successful women got up on average at 6:03 am every day.
They got to bed early and prioritize sleep so they can get up early and kick ass! They also never hit the snooze button! This healthy morning ritual is something I need to work on for sure!
2) They Workout! All of the women that I read about who are crazy successful know the importance of getting up in the morning and moving their bodies! Anna Wintour, who was the inspiration behind the famous Miranda Priestly in the Devil Wear Prada (love that movie) gets up every single day at 5:45 am and goes and plays tennis for an hour! source
3) They Eat a Healthy, Well Balanced Meal– Stacey Bendet, the CEO and Creative Director of the hugely successful fashion brand Alice and Olivia always starts her day off with a bowl of quinoa cereal before doing her hour long yoga workout.
Another girl boss whom I just ADORE is Annie Lawless, the co founder of my favorite juice company Suja knows the importance of eating a balanced breakfast to fuel a busy day! In an article about what she eats on a daily basis on Mind Body Green she says “I almost always have eggs in some capacity at breakfast, so I simply fried 3 organic eggs in coconut oil, finished with a sprinkle of crunchy pink Himalayan salt”.
Eating breakfast to fuel your day is such an important part of healthy morning rituals, and I’m a creature of habit so I stick to either this chia pudding recipe or eggs cooked in coconut oil.
4) They Make Their Bed! This sounds like such a small basic thing but research has shown that those who make their bed in the morning tend to have a more productive day! It gives you an instant sense of accomplishment and a feeling of being organized and ready to tackle anything else you need to do that day! his gives you an instant feeling of success and the feeling that you are on top of things. This simple five minutes of work helps to set the tone for the rest of the day.
One of favorite bloggers. Lauryn Evarts of The Skinny Confidential knows the importance of making your bed saying
“I’m obsessed with starting the day by making the bed. Somehow this sets the tone of the entire day. It’s such a simple task but it really makes all the difference to start the day off on a productive note.
While making the bed, I usually turn on some smooth jazz or Brazilian Lounge music. This makes the whole experience more relaxing and enjoyable.”
So get up and you’re your bed! I promise it will set your day off on an amazing note!
5) They Set Their Intention for the Day– Female powerhouse Arianna Huffington, Editor in Chief of the Huffington Post, wakes up every morning and sets her intention of what she wants to accomplish that day.
This helps her clear her mind and focus on what is really important and needs the most attention that day. If you want to know more about how she is so damn productive, I highly recommend her amazing book Thrive where she shares her secrets to living a highly productive but balanced life as a female entrepreneur!
Morning time is such a great time to set your daily intentions, practice self care through exercise and eating a well balanced meal, and taking small productive steps like making your bed to have a better day overall.
By starting each day on a positive tone and with a ritual that you can look forward to, it will help you avoid the temptation to hit the snooze button so you can get up earlier and kick more ass!
How do you guys like to way up, are there any things you can’t live without doing in the morning?
I know I NEED puppy snuggles before I do anything!