Ok so we all know about foam rolling and how amazing it feels to foam roll after a tough workout, but what the eff is Jade Rolling?
It’s just starting to become a beauty trend in the U.S. and a few posts are starting to pop up here and there about it, but when I lived in China I would bug my girlfriends constantly about how they maintained such beautiful porcelain skin, and I swear they all credited Jade Rolling!
So obviously when I got back to the U.S. I jumped online and got myself one to see what all of the hype was about, and now I am a full fledged addict!
In China, Jade is a symbol of good luck as well as grace, beauty, and longevity.
Jade Rollers have been used since the 7th century in ancient China by Chinese royalty to rid of the body of bad Qi(energy) and to help maintain a youthful and wrinkle free appearance!
The Jade Roller is meant to stimulate the meridian points on your face, which are the energy lines that connect our inner health systems like the kidneys, liver, and heart.
Also according to this site, Supermodels like Miranda Kerr and Kate Moss swear by it to maintain a youthful appearance!
What the Heck is Jade Rolling Anyway?
My Jade Roller is double ended. One side has an Eye Roller component and the other side is the longer side that is the Facial Roller component.
The Eye Roller is designed to help depuff your eyes and help with lymphatic drainage to improve discoloration like dark circles and dark shadows that can really age you.
I know I wake up with puffy eyes all the time and I run and grab my trusty Jade Roller out of the fridge(highly recommend keeping it in the fridge as it’s super refreshing!). You can roll this part around your lips and your nose to reap the full decongestant benefits.
The Facial Roller component can be used for your face, neck, and check area. Rolling those areas on a regular basis helps you achieve some major benefits. The act of rolling will increase lymphatic drainage, so say if you’ve indulged in one too many Skinny Girl Margaritas the night before and you wake up with a swollen and puffy face, roll this bad boy over your face to improve the circulation and increase the rate at which oxygen is delivered to your face allowing you to go from dull and swollen to glowing in a pinch
Benefits of Dual Jade Rolling- Using both the Eye and Face Component
- Helps to Keep Skin Tight and Firm
- Reduces Puffiness and Wrinkles Around the Eyes by Encouraging Lymphatic Drainage
- Helps to Keep Facial Muscles Toned
- Aids in Helping Sinus and Nasal Congestion(tried and true for somebody who suffers big time from allergies!)
- Helps to Keep the Nervous System Healthy
- Tightens Your Pores to give you a more flawless appearance
How to Use the Jade Roller!
- Use the face roller by rolling it in outward motions towards the ear or the neck. Never roll back and forth.
- Start from the Middle of Your Forehead, use gentle pressure to roll towards your ear which will encourage lymphatic drainage and help reduce swelling and puffiness in the skin(moving your lymphatic fluid helps to move white blood cells therefore boosting immunity and your bodies ability to fight off infections. It also helps to prevent colds, acne, and headaches.)
- Move down towards your cheeks and starting from the bridge of the nose roll out towards the ears, repeat this on both sides of your face.
- Then move down towards your lower cheeks and roll up towards the bottom of your eyes encouraging even more lymphatic drainage helping your face to de puff.
- Lastly roll up from under your chin towards your ears on both sides.
This routine can be repeated every day or as little as once a week, I like to do it about twice a week so my skin feels tight and toned and also I keep it around for the morning after having one too many drinks and I feel like a puffy faced monster.
This really is a game changer for your beauty routine and I swear the women I met while in China looked at least ten years younger then their biological age, so I am willing to do just about anything to achieve those kinds of results!
I filmed a video as well on my Youtube channel explaining it even more thoroughly so let me know what you think!
Happy Jade Rolling!